More and more users of the National Broadband Network (NBN) are unhappy with their service and are protesting in record numbers. Complaints have increased a whopping 160 per cent, with more than 27,000 reports lodged with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) in the last financial year, which is up from 10,487 in the previous financial year. According to the annual TIO report, nearly 10,000 homes were left without useable internet or landline due to the NBN rollout in the 2016-2017 financial year.
TOP COMPLAINT ISSUES ABOUT NBN
- New internet connection delay — 7,035
- Unusable internet service — 4,816
- Unusable landline service — 4,140
- New landline connection delay — 3,936
- Slow internet data speed — 3,917